As a key member of the Operations team, the Systems Engineer will be responsible and accountable for the ongoing development of the company’s ERP system. This will involve working closely with the company’s D365 Champions to investigate system related issues and to introduce both short-term corrective actions and long-term preventative actions. Identify improvements in current processes and coordinate road mapping for business improvements via D365.
• Always work in a safe manner and consider your own safety plus the safety of others.
• Ensure all system related queries are resolved in a timely manner. Common issues: –
o Raising Sales Orders, ensure correct set up of kits, machines etc,
o Closing of Works orders,
o Consumption of materials,
o Allocation of costs,
o Product Dispatch & Invoicing queries,
• Support daily business through GEMBA walks and daily production meeting.
• Support Engineering with the development of routes, BOM structure, sub-assemblies and phantom assemblies.
• Be a key stakeholder for the introduction of manufacturing execution.
• Work efficiently, collaboratively and co-operatively between all Manufacturing departments including Sales, Procurement, Warehouse, Production, Quality, Distribution and Management.
• Ensure detailed and comprehensive work instructions and user guides are in place for the team to follow.
• Continually strive to improve the ERP system to prevent production stoppages and Finance queries.
• Development and introduction of performance metrics to establish baseline and show continual improvement regarding open system queries.
• Provide new starter tool box and development training / improvement plan.
• Ensure high standards of 5S are always maintained within your work areas
• NVQ L4 / HNC level qualification in an applicable subject.
• Degree level qualification in an applicable subject, or equivalent experience (Desirable)
• Extensive ERP system knowledge
• Work instruction creation and control.
• Continuous improvement.
• Change management.
• Computer literate including Microsoft office.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Root cause analysis.
What we offer you:
- 33 days of Annual Leave including Bank Holidays
- Birthday Leave (An extra day off for your birthday)
- Recommend a Friend Scheme – Put forward a friend to work for us to earn a bonus (Subject to T&C’s)
- Recognition Scheme awarded each quarter and annually
- Life Assurance
- Company pensions above statutory level
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit inspiredcareers.secure.force.com.