The Project Manager role in the Virtuals Project Management team involves managing multiple client facing projects and/or multiple new internal product/platform projects.
The Project Manager’s role is to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the satisfaction of our clients. You will be expected to cover all aspects of production of our products, which involve diverse elements such as Windows-based software development, networked communications, Internet functionality, 3D television quality graphics and 2D design. This requires a mix of both technical / IT and creative skills.
The role will provide exposure to delivering the Virtuals gaming software and content across all platforms, i.e. Broadcast, Networked, Streaming Online & Mobile. It will also involve delivering projects via our latest delivery platforms, i.e. Virtuals Plug & Play (VPP) and the Inspired AWS cloud platform.
The role requires previous experience of delivering software-based projects both in the UK and, ideally, internationally and the ability to manage/deliver multiple UK & international projects at the same time.
The role includes providing assistance and project cover to other members of the Virtuals Project Management team, contributing to process improvement within the Project Management team and taking ownership of the content and versioning of key project management, product/platform and software component documentation.
The role incorporates an element of pre-sale and account management activity to assist the commercial team.
The role involves working with other project managers, product managers, programmers, testers and animators, and would normally involve occasional travel within the UK to visit clients and other Inspired offices. The role may also require some international travel given the expansion into new territories and key markets abroad.
• To assist the VIRTUALS Project Management team in the timely delivery of projects.
• To ensure that the VIRTUALS Project Management team meets its planned development targets and deadlines for those projects for which the Project Manager has directly responsibility.
• To respond to (internal and/or external) client requirements/requests in a timely and professional manner.
• To own and manage specific client and internal projects to completion: from technical kick-off, development of high level technical specifications and detailed project plans, through the development lifecycle to release and handover to the client, completing with sign-off by the client.
• To provide assistance and project cover to other members of the Virtuals Project Management team, especially their direct line manager and associated sub-team project manager colleagues.
• To assist the Head of Production (VIRTUALS) and Product team in driving forward and agreeing new product functionality and enhancements.
• To assist the Virtuals Commercial team in the pre-sale, scoping, pricing and quotation process as part of their Account Management and Business Development activity.
Project Management & Technical
• Manage (internal and/or external) client requirements and expectations and be the day to day point of contact for clients/stakeholders during the project lifecycle to ensure their needs are met and that there is always a clear line of communication.
• Manage the ongoing relationships with all internal, client & third party resources assigned to work on projects and ensure they understand their project roles, responsibilities, deliverables and time lines.
• Analyse client / product requirements and produce all necessary project documentation and project plans required by both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered to an agreed specification, on time and within budget.
• Ensure that software and/or products delivered satisfy the agreed requirements.
• Liaise with staff within Inspired Entertainment Inc. on joint cross-team projects, for deliverables with respect to Virtuals platforms/products when appropriate.
Account Management & Business Development
• Provide assistance with the preparation of commercial presentations for prospective clients and participate in commercial calls/meetings with clients as and when required.
• Respond to client queries in an effective and professional manner and pass on any enquiries to the Commercial team (Account Management or Business Development as required).
• Handle any administrative responsibility in respect of the invoicing process, i.e. notify the Account Management team when a deliverable can be billed so they can inform the Finance team.
• Co-ordinate the production of assets for use in business development activity when required.
People Management / Reports
• Liaise with all Virtuals animation/graphics, programming, testing, support and product team resources assigned to projects for which the Project Manager has directly responsibility to ensure that project deliverables meet the required specifications and are delivered in a timely manner.
• Key internal interfaces: the Head of Production (Virtuals), the Head of Software (Virtuals), the Head of Development (Virtuals), the Product Manager (Virtuals), assigned Programme Manager (Virtuals), the Service Operations Manager (Virtuals), the Product Support team (Virtuals) and the Virtuals Commercial team.
• Secondary interfaces: Chief Commercial Officer – Virtual Sports.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
• Proactive, dynamic person who is capable of managing both internal teams and external client relationships. This person should be comfortable working in an environment where projects are often unpredictable, dealing with multiple clients in parallel whose requirements can shift unpredictably.
• Must be able to work with a diverse range of team members (i.e. project managers, animators, programmers, testers, commercial, senior management ), have very good soft skills at influencing / managing others to get the job done and be able to communicate effectively with senior management (internally and externally).
• Must have a minimum of 3 years experience of technical / IT-related project management, ideally in a bespoke software development / new media environment and must be capable of owning, running and delivering projects on their own.
• Must have exposure to project management methodologies but formal qualifications are not a prerequisite.
• Must have strong organisational skills, a good eye for detail and be very strong at documentation.
• Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• A good knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Visio, Microsoft Project, Jira and Smartsheet would be advantageous.
• A strong interest in and/or experience in working within the betting, gambling, gaming and/or TV & film CGI animation industries would be advantageous.
To apply for this job please visit inspiredcareers.secure.force.com.