As a key member of the operations management team, the Manufacturing Manager will lead both the Production and Production Engineering teams in an effective manner, ensuring that the departments are aligned with the direction and requirements of the business. This role will be responsible and accountable for the performance of the team whilst also driving continuous improvement through lean manufacturing techniques.
• Ensure the Health and safety of team members and visitors to site. Ensure risk assessments are generated and continually reviewed for all tasks undertaken by the team.
• Provide strategic and operational direction to the team in support of the company goals and objectives.
• Determine & manage the resources required to meet production targets.
• Plan, implement, control and communicate out production schedules to the team.
• Ensure all products are made as per the manufacturing batch records and all associated paperwork is completed in full.
• Ensuring all production equipment and tools are fit for purpose.
• Manage all personnel issues across the Manufacturing group including employee learning and development, annual performance appraisals, grievance and/or discipline. Ensure all Corporate & HR personnel policies and practices are understood and enforced.
• Identify skills gaps within the team and arrange training to close gaps and strengthen business continuity. Ensure skills matrices and training records are kept up to date and “audit ready” at all times.
• Work efficiently, collaboratively and co-operatively between relevant departments including R&D, Procurement, Quality, Distribution and Management.
• Ensure detailed and comprehensive work instructions are in place for the team to follow when product building.
• Continually strive to improve the manufacturing process and introduce methods to reduce manufacturing cost (scrap reduction, cycle time reduction, labour efficiency).
• Introduce a range of key performance indicators (KPI’s) to track departmental performance and display continual improvement in all set metrics. Regularly review metrics and provide feedback to staff.
• Provide reports on production performance to senior management/directors as requested/required
• Implement corrective action initiatives to improve performance where and when needed.
• Ensure high standards of 5S are maintained by the team at all times.
• Minimum 3 years Departmental management experience.
• Shows high level of competence for People management.
• Understanding of budgetary development and adherence.
• Strong back ground in Manufacturing / Process engineering.
• Process cost reduction.
• Computer literate including Microsoft office.
• Experience of using ERP / MRP systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Degree level qualification in an applicable subject, or equivalent experience.
To apply for this job please visit inspiredcareers.secure.force.com.