The Mathematician is responsible for working with other departments, including Games Designers, Producers, and Developers, using cutting edge technology to deliver high quality games across all our markets.
The role will be part of the Astra Games studio, actively working on games for a variety of market sectors, both retail and interactive. Working alongside an experienced team of statisticians and game designers.
The role will have an active daily involvement in designing math models and working with the development teams to verify implementation of maths models. As a member of the team, this role also plays an important part in helping maintain quality throughout all of the materials produced by the maths team.
The key requirement is an individual who has creative problem solving abilities, and a desire to learn about game maths and design.
• To create mathematical models with the levers required to allow the Game Designer to iterate and achieve the target math profile (s).
• To work with Game Developers to ensure the mathematical models have been implemented correctly
• To formally sign off math for release to Test Houses and live release
• To create math submission packages for Test Houses and answer any subsequent questions
• To follow the established math quality processes that have been developed over the years to minimise costly math errors occurring in Test Houses and the live estate.
Required Skills and Experience:
• 1st or 2.1 BSc Hons Maths degree
• Ability to program to be able to create simulated math models
• Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel
• Good communication skills are required to work collaboratively with Games Designers and Game Developers
• Professional or general interest in any form of gambling product (e.g. slots, casino, sports betting)
To apply for this job please visit inspiredcareers.secure.force.com.