The Senior Project Manager role in the Virtuals Project Management team involves managing multiple client facing projects and/or multiple new internal product/platform projects. The type of projects managed will include larger or more technically complex projects and those for high value and/or strategically important clients where experience is key for a time critical delivery. The Senior Project Manager is expected to manage a larger number of concurrent projects than a Project Manager.
The role requires previous experience of delivering the Virtuals software and content across all platforms, i.e. Broadcast, Networked, Streaming Online & Mobile. It also requires exposure to delivering a project which involves the latest delivery platforms such Virtuals Plug & Play (VPP) and the Inspired AWS cloud platform.
The role requires previous experience of delivering Virtuals projects both in the UK and internationally and the ability to manage/deliver multiple UK & international projects at the same time.
The role includes providing assistance and project cover to other members of the Virtuals Project Management team, including 1-2-1 mentoring of less experienced Project Managers, contributing to process improvement within the Project Management team and taking ownership of the content and versioning of key project management, product/platform and software component documentation.
The role incorporates an element of pre-sale and account management activity to assist the commercial team which will be more significant than that of a less experienced Project Manager.
The role involves working with other project managers, product managers, programmers, testers and animators, and would normally involve occasional travel within the UK to visit clients and other Inspired offices. The role may also require some international travel given the expansion into new territories and key markets abroad.
• To deliver multiple large / complex projects at the same time, be they client projects or internal product/platform projects.
• To ensure that the Virtuals Project Management team meets its planned product development targets and/or client delivery deadlines for those projects for which the Senior Project Manager has directly responsibility.
• To respond to (internal and/or external) client requirements/requests in a timely and professional manner.
• To own and manage product/platform and/or client projects from inception to completion: including scoping/requirements gathering, project scope documentation and detailed project planning, technical kick-off, management through the development & testing lifecycle, through to product release and/or deployment to the client and handover to the Virtuals Support team.
• To provide assistance and project cover to other members of the Virtuals Project Management team, especially their direct line manager and associated sub-team project manager colleagues.
• To perform 1-2-1 mentoring of less experienced project managers and to contribute to process improvement within the Virtuals Project Management, taking ownership of the content and versioning of key project management documentation when assigned.
• To assist the Head of Production (Virtuals) and Product team in driving forward and agreeing new product functionality and enhancements.
• To assist the Virtuals Commercial team in the pre-sale, scoping, pricing and quotation process as part of their Account Management and Business Development activity.
Project Management & Technical
• Manage (internal and/or external) client requirements and expectations and be the day to day point of contact for clients/stakeholders during the project lifecycle to ensure their needs are met and that there is always a clear line of communication.
• Manage the ongoing relationships with all internal, client & third party resources assigned to work on projects and ensure they understand their project roles, responsibilities, deliverables and time lines.
• Analyse client / product requirements and produce all necessary project documentation and project plans required by both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that projects are delivered to an agreed specification, on time and within budget.
• Ensure that software and/or products delivered satisfy the agreed requirements.
• Liaise with staff within Inspired Entertainment Inc. on joint cross-team projects, for deliverables with respect to Virtuals platforms/products when appropriate.
Account Management & Business Development
• Provide assistance with the preparation of commercial presentations for prospective clients and participate in commercial calls/meetings with clients as and when required.
• Respond to client queries in an effective and professional manner and pass on any enquiries to the Commercial team (Account Management or Business Development as required).
• Handle any administrative responsibility in respect of the invoicing process, i.e. notify the Account Management team when a deliverable can be billed so they can inform the Finance team.
• Co-ordinate the production of assets for use in business development activity when required.
People Management / Reports
• Liaise with all Virtuals animation/graphics, programming, testing, support and product team resources assigned to projects for which the Senior Project Manager has directly responsibility to ensure that project deliverables meet the required specifications and are delivered in a timely manner.
• Key internal interfaces: the Head of Production (Virtuals), the Head of Software (Virtuals), the Head of Development (Virtuals), the Product Manager (Virtuals), assigned Programme Manager (Virtuals), the Service Operations Manager (Virtuals), the Product Support team (Virtuals) and the Virtuals Commercial team.
• Secondary interfaces: Chief Commercial Officer – Virtual Sports.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
• Proactive, dynamic person who is capable of managing both internal teams and external client relationships. This person should be comfortable working in an environment where projects are often unpredictable, dealing with multiple clients in parallel whose requirements can shift unpredictably.
• Must be able to work with a diverse range of team members (i.e. project managers, animators, programmers, testers, commercial, senior management ), have very good soft skills at influencing / managing others to get the job done and be able to communicate effectively with senior management (internally and externally).
• Must have a minimum of 5+ years experience of technical / IT-related project management, ideally in a bespoke software development / new media environment and must be capable of owning, running and delivering multiple large scale / complex projects on their own at the same time.
• Desirable to have a minimum of 2 years experience working within the Virtuals Project Management team as a Project Manager.
• Must have exposure to project management methodologies but formal qualifications are not a prerequisite.
• Must have strong organisational skills, a good eye for detail and be very strong at documentation.
• Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• A good knowledge of MS Outlook, Excel, Visio, Microsoft Project, Jira and Smartsheet.
• A strong interest in and/or experience in working within the betting, gambling, gaming and/or TV & film CGI animation industries.
To apply for this job please visit inspiredcareers.secure.force.com.