Reporting to the Product Director the Senior Product Manager will produce and own delivery of the Product Strategy and Product Roadmaps, relating to one or more of Inspired’s products. They will be involved in all key stages of the product from inception, certification and delivery phases through to full-life product management. The role will require close co-ordination between account, service, product development, manufacturing and customers to achieve a smooth release to market. Detailed product knowledge, competitor knowledge, product development lifecycle management, project management, customer facing skills plus the ability to deliver quality results on time are all vital within this role.
The key element of this role is understanding ‘what’ their product needs to achieve to work both competitively and commercially and turn this into the product strategy, roadmaps and ultimately clear requirements that can be developed by the technology team.
The Senior Product Manager’s responsibilities are to:
• Line-manage other members of the product team to achieve the product strategy and roadmap goals.
• Become an expert in their product and how it sits in the market from a competitive, legislative, commercial and product features perspective. Use this understanding to define requirements for new features and innovations that can improve the product fitness, exploit potential niches and ultimately improve performance and revenues
• Become the expert in the Product features and end to end setup and management of the Product in new and existing installations. The Senior Product Manager will need to have a good practical grasp of all INGG technologies, tools, processes and how they can be tailored to fit the market requirements.
• Produce and deliver the assigned Product Roadmap(s) based on the local market needs and the wider Global Product Roadmap.
• Manage the Product Roadmap, including budgeting, prioritising releases, managing risks and issues, and taking ownership of internal and external stakeholder communications for the overall product roadmap
• Own the product backlog, working alone or with other Product Managers in defining, documenting, prioritising and approving all product requirements
• Work closely with Development in the Agile role of “Product Owner” to ensure that each product release is developed to a high quality standard, meets the committed timeframes and delivers the expected return on investment.
• Measure project performance using appropriate systems tools and techniques
• Report and escalate product performance issues to management as required
• Efficiently document and report upwards, to the Product Director, current status and next steps of all product roadmap related activity or initiatives.
• Work closely with customers, legislators and local service partners to engineer the product into a working solution for that market.
• Ensure that all certificates and regulatory documentation are correctly filed with the appropriate internal and external bodies.
• Develop a full understanding of the unit economics and pricing for your market products and ensure the roadmap is in step.
• Co-ordinate and liaise with customers, suppliers and other departments and functions within Inspired to ensure products are delivered and supported.
• Work hand in hand with Content Product Management to ensure content is presented to the player in the best performing and most reliable manner.
• Feed all operational incidents and problems brought to their attention to the appropriate support functions and assist where necessary in any resolution.
• Deliver ad-hoc training and training material to customer staff as and when required in line with new product release or new customer contracts.
• Represent the Inspired team at client meetings.