Scope and purpose of role:
The Product Analyst will work closely with the Product Managers for each of the Inspired product lines. Integrated within the Product Management team, Product Analysts act as a hub to collect, analyse and process the requirements from all the stakeholders; both external and internal. Product Analysts will be expected to have a broad knowledge of all Inspired product lines, but are also encouraged to become domain experts on areas as the opportunity arises.
A key aspect of the role is to produce and document functional solutions that meet the requirements while maintaining the long-term vision and strategy for the Product and optimise the portability of the functionality across all product lines.
The Product Analyst is responsible for producing and maintaining the Product documentation as required for the relevant markets and stakeholders.
Main responsibilities will include
- Conducting detailed analysis of requirements for product development projects
- Document requirements as clear specifications and user stories in line with the company product, project and development delivery processes.
- Where necessary work closely with key stakeholders including customers to understand their underlying needs and requirements as inputs to the Product specifications.
- Carry out research to understand the market and competitor products and communicate that internally to Product Managers. Feed any relevant intelligence into the requirements gathering process.
- Drawing on their deep understanding of the product lines and the relevant market peculiarities as well as on their close relationship with all the stakeholders, the Product Analysts may be required to perform the role of the ‘Product Owner’ in the agile development phase for specific projects seeing then the projects through the whole life cycle.
- Undertaking cost-benefit analysis on requirements in conjunction with the Product Manager
- Track changes in requirements, either from external stakeholders or because of technical or project limitations and ensure that these are clearly documented and their impact is understood and properly communicated.
- Production of detailed Product documentation including customer facing product documents and presentations
- Understand in detail the Inspired product platform and be able manage the Product within the toolsets.
- Understand the end to end Product configuration and taking a hands-on approach, assist in setup and handover of Product releases for internal and external testing, customer demonstrations and shows.
Required Skills and Experience
- Having been employed for at least 2 years in a fast paced, process orientated, software development or IT Technical environment in a Project Management or Business Analyst capacity
- Having been further educated to degree level.
- IT qualifications including any proving an understanding of the software development lifecycle or IT service delivery would be highly desirable.
- Strong IT skills are essential for this role. The candidate must have the ability to develop a full understanding of the Inspired SBG platform and use of its toolset as well as its software development practices, design methodologies and management tools.
- An ability to use established analytical techniques to deal with complex requirements and document and communicate them in a manner that is appropriate for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be willing to undertake travel between Inspired UK and International offices, and customers based in both the UK and overseas.