As a key member of the Operations team, the Manufacturing Engineer will drive continuous improvement within the manufacturing process. This role will be responsible and accountable for the creation and ongoing control of all process work instructions that the manufacturing team use to build our products correctly. The Manufacturing Engineer will also act as a link between R&D and Manufacturing to ensure all new models are rolled out into manufacturing in a controlled manner.
• Ensure all products are made as per the manufacturing batch records and all associated paperwork is completed in full.
• Support daily business through GEMBA walks and daily production meeting.
• Work efficiently, collaboratively and co-operatively between relevant departments including R&D, Procurement, Quality, Distribution and Management.
• Ensure detailed and comprehensive work instructions are in place for the team to follow when product building.
• Investigate and establish the root cause of production defects. Introduce short term corrective actions and long-term preventative actions to eliminate re-occurrence.
• Continually strive to improve the manufacturing process and introduce methods to reduce manufacturing cost (scrap reduction, cycle time reduction, improved labour efficiency).
• Development and introduction of performance metrics to establish baseline and show continual improvement.
• Work with Product development, Production, Purchasing and Supply Chain to define all sub-assemblies, ensuring appropriate drawings and documentation are in place.
• Take an active role in Gate process for new product development and provide hands on support for product development builds.
• Drive standardisation across production to ensure standard sub-assemblies, tooling, process etc, are re used.
• Minimum 5 years post apprenticeship experience within a busy manufacturing environment.
• Production / Process Engineering background.
• Work instruction creation and control.
• Excellent working knowledge of Engineering technical Drawings.
• Sound knowledge of Design and Manufacturing principles.
• New model introduction / New product introduction
• Process cost reduction.
To apply for this job please visit inspiredcareers.secure.force.com.