As a key member of the Operations team, the Manufacturing Engineer will drive continuous improvement within the manufacturing process. This role will be responsible and accountable for the creation and ongoing control of all process work instructions that the manufacturing team use to build our products correctly. The Manufacturing Engineer will also act as a link between R&D and Manufacturing to ensure all new models are rolled out into manufacturing in a controlled manner.
• Ensure the Health and safety of team members and visitors to site. Ensure risk assessments are generated and continually reviewed for all
• Ensure all products are made as per the manufacturing batch records and all associated paperwork is completed in full.
• Support daily business through GEMBA walks and daily production meeting.
• Ensuring all production equipment and tools are fit for purpose.
• Work efficiently, collaboratively and co-operatively between relevant departments including R&D, Procurement, Quality, Distribution and Management.
• Ensure detailed and comprehensive work instructions are in place for the team to follow when product building.
• Investigate and establish the root cause of production defects. Introduce short term corrective actions and long-term preventative actions to
• Continually strive to improve the manufacturing process and introduce methods to reduce manufacturing cost (scrap reduction, cycle time
reduction, improved labour efficiency).
• Development and introduction of performance metrics to establish baseline and show continual improvement.
• Work closely with R&D to ensure all new models are rolled out into mass production in an effective manner. Ensure detailed Design for
manufacture reports are created for all new model builds and all development builds are fully documented from a manufacturing point of view.
• Work with Product development, Production, Purchasing and Supply Chain to define all sub-assemblies, ensuring appropriate drawings and
documentation are in place for the assemblies.
• Take an active role in Gate process for new product development and provide hands on support for product development builds.
• Drive standardisation across production to ensure standard sub-assemblies, tooling, process etc, are re used
• Support the Manufacturing Manager with the control of external contractors and ensure all services to facility, tools and equipment are
completed on time. Control the storage of service records for future reference.
• Implement corrective action initiatives to improve performance where and when needed.
• Ensure high standards of 5S are maintained at all times.
• Time served Engineering Apprenticeship with NVQ L4 / HNC level qualification in an applicable subject.
• Minimum 5 years post apprenticeship experience within a busy manufacturing environment.
• Production / Process Engineering background.
• Work instruction creation and control.
• Excellent working knowledge of Engineering technical Drawings.
• Sound knowledge of Design and Manufacturing principles.
• New model introduction / New product introduction
• Process cost reduction.
• Continuous improvement.
• Change management.
• Computer literate including Microsoft office.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Root cause analysis.
To apply for this job please visit inspiredcareers.secure.force.com.