You will design and introduce inventory reporting and analysis and work with the Manufacturing, Purchasing and Regional Distribution Centre teams to identify opportunities to reduce stock and associated costs. This role also involves ensuring that company policies and controls on inventory are adhered to and that accounting for stock is produced in an accurate and timely manner.
The candidate needs to have previous experience of working with Inventory and in driving business value. You will have solid knowledge of financial policies and procedures but have dependable commercial acumen and communication skills with non-finance personnel. Building relationships and understanding the business is fundamental to the role.
• Support business to deliver savings on inventory and associated costs such as delivery and storage, tracking savings versus targets.
• Responsible for month end close and accounting for manufacturing and operational stock and the Service Business Unit, ensuring reconciliations are complete and numbers reviewed and submitted in line with the month end timetable.
• Build company-wide stock policy, which ensures consistent treatment and accurate valuations across the business whilst ensuring that SOX and audit controls are adhered to. Ensure associated system procedures are documented.
• Support Manufacturing team in setting up automation of Labour and Overhead absorption in Microsoft Dynamics, reviewing outputs to ensure costings are correct, provide associated reporting to drive improvements.
• Provide financial support for the Regional Distribution Centre (RDC) teams, building relationships with the Business, providing information and supporting on ad-hoc projects.
• Support Purchasing team in reviewing MRP outputs to ensure that the right inventory is being ordered with up to date and accurate pricing recorded in the system to minimise price variances.
• Work alongside Operations team to ensure correct processes are in place around stock take and stock controls, ensuring variances are investigated
• Produce stock forecasts to feed into Balance Sheet and Cash flow forecasts.
• Responsible for liaising with internal and external auditors to ensure that SOX and audit requirements are met.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong business partnering experience within a manufacturing background.
• Ability to deliver and handle change.
• Proactive and solution focused with high attention to detail.
• Continuous improvement mindset.
• Motivated and enthusiastic with the ability to meet tight deadlines and produce high quality work under pressure.
• Hardworking and reliable with excellent time management skills.
• Comfortable working remotely from line manager
• Must be willing to travel to Burton on Trent and RDC sites.
• Recognition Scheme awarded each quarter and annually
• Wellbeing Initiatives
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Company pensions above statutory level
• Life Assurance
• 8-hour days
• Monday to Friday
• Full Current Driving Licence (essential)
• Van Driving Experience (recommended but not essential)
To apply for this job please visit inspiredcareers.secure.force.com.